Thesis Intern Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
- Thesis Project
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Actuarial Science, Data Science, Healthcare, IT & Programming, Research, Retirement & Insurance, Risk Management
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Joining the Actuarial & Insurance Solutions team and work on an outstanding thesis to complete your studies, while learning from your colleagues. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Insurers help policyholders by taking over their risks. Key challenges faced by the insurance market are continuous transformation, rapidly accelerated changes, a changing definition of insurer, digital and data driven-strategy, and an increasing regulatory burden.
As a Thesis Intern at Deloitte Actuarial & Insurance Solutions you enjoy developing solutions for the insurance industry. The internship is aimed at writing a master’s thesis for your study. During your internship you will get extensive support from your internship supervisor. Moreover, you are part of the Financial Risk talent pool. This means that besides writing your thesis you will also have the opportunity to work on projects for our clients.
In addition, you could support the team in preparing proposals and could contribute to research and writing articles.
Your internship takes place in a collaborative culture at Deloitte where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
This is how
- build and communicate a strategic and innovative vision on the insurance industry;
- able to connect and advise on the various aspects of insurance institutions;
- apply your skills in quantitative modelling or data analytics;
- communication with colleagues and eager to learn;
- build a strong network in the insurance industry and peers in quantitative modelling.
You share your expertise with about 20 other colleagues in the Actuarial & Insurance Solutions team that is part of Financial Risk Management within Deloitte Risk Advisory.
At Financial Risk Management we focus on the development and validation of models, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges faced by our clients. This includes the use of modeling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics, and applied mathematics. In addition, we also take into account the impact of laws and regulations.
In this department, we find it important to continuously develop yourself. That's why we value innovation and personal development.
What we offer
- a monthly remuneration;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance;
- a development program that helps you keep growing;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- a 32 or 40-hour working week;
- a laptop with a 4G connection;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Thesis Intern in the Actuarial & Insurance Solutions team, you also are/have:
- almost obtained a degree in: Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, (Quantitative) Finance or a science Master;
- available at least three days per week for a minimum of three months;
- a draft thesis proposal or interest in this field of research;
- living in the Netherlands;
- affinity with the financial and corporate sector, primarily insurance;
- excellent analytical skills;
- affinity with quantitative modelling, and/or programming;
- a team player;
- good communicative skills;
- ambitious and willing to follow the program to become a qualified actuary;
- result-oriented, while ensuring the quality of work; and
- proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.