- Mploy Associates
- Amsterdam,Den Haag,Utrecht,Rotterdam
- Vereiste taal
Let’s talk talent
You have talent. Ready to make impact. We know. We also know that making impact starts with that first contact between likeminded people who have the same drive to shape their future. We see you, with your skills, personality and dreams. Now let’s take it to even greater heights by means of one of our traineeships.
We are Mploy Associates, a talent focused consultancy firm ready to make not only our clients’ teams successful but also you. Your talent, our focus.
We are a consultancy firm specialized in the areas of data, finance and risk and work on a variety of projects like investment analyses, data engineering, quant modelling and much more. Our clients are banks, insurance companies, asset managers, pension funds and we are still expanding.
We help our clients build successful teams by providing the rights skills, talents and training at the right place and time and develop ourselves continuously to stay successful. We believe that investing in talent through proven methods always pays out. Today we are proud to say that we are an international driven company with more than 80 people and many top-tier clients who share the same vision.
How you fit into this vision?
You will work as a Data Expert for one of our clients with a special focus on your own development through one of our Talent Programs. Our Talent Programs are designed to accelerate your career from a junior to medior+ level within 24 months. By means of certified training courses, coaching and intervision sessions our employees follow an above average steep career curve. Successful graduation in our Talent Programs usually results in a permanent medior+ or senior position at one of our clients where it becomes your responsibility to keep the team successful.
Your activities as a Data Expert
Your responsibilities will include collecting, interpreting, and processing large datasets. You often have to investigate and edit the sources of this data yourself, by using SQL, SAS, and/or Python. You select the relevant variables, edit the data, and apply the business rules. On top of that, you can also be involved in data engineering projects where you are building platforms or data warehousing. Examples of your day-to-day responsibilities are:
- Discussing data requirements for different quantitative models
- Making an inventory of the relevant databases within the bank and gaining access to them
- Merging, joining and aggregating tables in SQL, SAS and/or Python
- Devising and applying data quality analyzes (e.g., identifying trends over time, missing values, and extreme values)
- Visualize data by means of interactive dashboards
- Investigating the plausibility of the new data
- Developing data lakes and pipelines in Microsoft Azure, AWS or Hadoop
- Documenting the data sourcing process and descriptive statistics whilst discussing this with the business units
Furthermore, you will be the main point of contact for different stakeholders who would like to understand the data as well as you do.
What are we looking for?
For the position Data Expert we are looking for master and PhD graduates with different data related backgrounds, experiences, and passions. To specify:
- You have 0-3 years of work experience and want to learn everything about big data and the processing of this kind of data
- You want to put your data related knowledge that you have gained during your master or PhD into practice (e.g., Data Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Aerospace Engineering or another related study)
- You have experience with programming in SQL or at least are an expert in working with large data files
- You are ambitious, self-reflective and dare to be confident in an authentic way
- You do not hesitate to use your analytical skills to solve complex problems in a creative and logical way
- You are energized by stakeholder management and you are well adept at gathering reliable information
What do we offer?
We offer the opportunity to become an expert in data analysis in an environment where we train you in a proven way to excel into a high-end professional. In addition, good working conditions are just as important to us. This includes the following:
- Working 4 days a week at a large bank or insurance company in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam or The Hague
- 1 day a week in-house training with personalized and professional coaching
- Regularly fun team activities; think of escape rooms, drinks and dinners
- An international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Pro bono projects at socially relevant NGOs
- The opportunity to make the next career move with the client after successfully completing the Talent Program
- Everything you need for an amazing home office
- And of course, a competitive salary, performance bonus and fringe benefits
- And don’t forget a public transport card or company bike
For more information about our different Talent Programs you can visit our website www.mployassociates.com. Want to know more about the vacancy? You can contact us from the moment you start your master or PhD so we can help you prepare for your dream career. Mail us, DM us on our social media channels, send us a letter, it doesn’t matter. We will be in touch.