- Fulltime job
- Consultancy, Data Science
Aon is looking for a Data Scientist with Python Programming skills for the Financial Sector
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our PathWise Solutions business group within Aon Benfield, in Toronto, Ontario. As a Data Scientist you will report directly to the Managing Director.
Your impact as a Data Scientist, EMEA
- Create insurance liability models, focusing on reserve and capital calculations for EMEA financial companies based on appropriate regulatory standards
- Create and maintain financial asset & liability models for use in balance sheet projections of financial services companies
- Develop and maintain Economic Scenario Generators used in the valuation of financial assets and insurance liabilities
- Further the development of robust processes for hedging, strategic asset allocation, scenario generator calibration, insurance company financial reporting, etc.
- Participate in the expansion of PathWise functionality as the need arises or as requested by clients
- Create Python code to handle input & output data of the PathWise applications and to code (automated) model runs for e.g. movement analysis
- Support the development of models and processes for companies moving into PathWise
- Provide hands-on training for PathWise users
- Develop standalone training reference materials for PathWise users
- Identify shortfalls in company processes and propose improvements
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise during PathWise migrations / conversions, focusing on providing a strong initial user experience
Client Operations Support
- Monitor and respond to operational issues in PathWise based on client specific requirements and processes
- Help maintain and strengthen client relationships through participation in client consultations
- Be a primary contact for select clients
Business Development Support
- Participate in demonstrations to potential clients
- Develop models specific to client requirements for demo’s and onboarding
- Participate in industry, academic and internal research projects
- Develop and deliver presentations on emerging issues pertaining to the insurance industry and the financial services industry
- Attend industry and client conferences
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in the Financial Sector (as a working student) in a pricing/hedging/valuation role working with financial guarantees embedded in life insurance products
- Python programming experience
- Comfortable with local economic scenarios generators
- Familiar with stochastic-on-stochastic simulations for Life Insurance products with embedded financial guarantees
- FSA/ASA designation or equivalent
- Derivatives knowledge a plus
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training (abroad), and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our standard package includes a variable bonus, travel compensation, and 27 days of paid leave.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.