Junior DevOps Engineer – Crypto
Who are we?
Our department Infra is the IT heart of ING. We provide our customers with a state of the art infrastructure, enabling our other IT departments to stay a step ahead. Infra is seeking a DevOps Engineer within the IT security domain in Amsterdam. The Crypto team is responsible for developing and maintaining the ING Crypto environment including the whole infrastructure for running this capability. We work in Agile/Scrum DevOps teams, setup according to Tribes, Chapters & Squads management structure akin to Spotify.
Infra is laying the foundation for the other IT teams, we supply easy to maintain, stable infrastructure stacks, using market leading solutions. And enable our consumers to perform as much of the needed operations themselves, through easy-to-use technology. Our engineers, together with their squads, are end-to-end responsible for their part of the infrastructure. We are working to automate as much of the tasks as possible, so our customers are flexible in using our service and can adapt to changes in their needs quickly, while remaining in control.
You will be working in a squad of highly flexible DevOps engineers. Together with the product owner and the squad, you will be end-to-end responsible for the delivery, maintenance and development of the Crypto service and stack. This includes Public-Key Infrastructure, key and certificate management and management of cryptographic hardware like Hardware Security Modules (HSM), smart cards and security tokens.
We are looking for DevOps engineers to maintain and further develop our infrastructure and applications.
A successful extensive background screening is mandatory before the assignment can start.
Primary knowledge / experience
- In-depth knowledge in applied cryptography and hands-on experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
- In-depth knowledge of the cryptographic key management life cycle and demonstrable experience of management and maintenance of Key Management Systems
- Experience in adhering to PCI PTS and ETSI rules & regulations, including managing internal and external audits
- Demonstrable experience with management and maintenance of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following: networking, firewalls, load balancing, high availability, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server, Oracle Database
- Basic knowledge of Cryptographic Key Block developments
Skills & competencies:
- Strong IT security & compliance mindset
- Automation scripting and developing or implementing API’s
- Implementing, (automated) testing and maintaining software products
- Supporting customers on the usage of our products
- Working in short sprints in an agile way of working
- Mentality of end-to-end ownership
- Strong team player
- Independent and autonomous in finishing tasks
- Continuous improvement of the service and way of working
- Strong problem solver, in complex situations
- Coaching other team members to promote individual development
Who are you?
- You have proven experience as a DevOps engineer in an enterprise environment
- You have proven experience in scripting
- You have experience with troubleshooting / deployments / testing / automation and monitoring
- You have experience with working in an Agile/Scrum DevOps team.
- Furthermore you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker’s Oath. For more information please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm