Junior trading analyst
- Fulltime job
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Financial services, Quantitative Finance, Trading
- Engels, Nederlands
Looking for a real challenge?
You’ve always had an analytical mind and superb mathematical instincts. You can’t rest until you solve the puzzle and understand what is going on. Are you intrigued by complex systems and do you want to see direct results of your knowledge? Become a Junior Energy Analyst. Northpool Energy Trading is the perfect place to turn your analytical insights into direct results.
Grasp the opportunity
You’ve probably never heard of the power markets. You likely didn’t know that energy is traded on an exchange. No matter. If you’re interested, and you have what it takes, we’ll give you everything you need to fully understand the energy markets.
You’ll be trained by the experienced analysts as well as you’ll sit side-by-side with a seasoned trader, to understand what really drives the market. You will learn the fundamentals of the market. You’ll get insights into our models and our trading strategies. You directly see the challenges and opportunities in the market, the puzzles that need to be solved to optimize the trading.
Once you’ve acquired the fundamental knowledge, we’ll put you to work on several projects. Optimizing the current models and creating and innovating new models and trading strategies to stay ahead of the market. Your project results will have a direct impact on the trading activities as will your analytical skills be directly put to the test once you assist the traders on the trading floor when they are trying to beat the markets.
Interested in trading? A career as a trader can be the next step in your career at Northpool.
The challenges? As countries switch from coal, oil and gas to wind, water and sunlight to power their grids, the markets change. Competition gets fiercer, volatility increases and opportunities get bigger. And what about wind, water and solar energy? No one can precisely forecast how much there will actually be.
• Outstanding analytical and mathematical skills
• Logical reason & problem-solving attitude
• Some work in the evenings or weekends
• An analytical or quantitative degree at MSc level
• Clear and fluent English
• Good social & communication skills
• Maximum three years of work experience
• Knowledge of energy markets and/or sustainable energy
• Affinity for meteorology
• An ability to learn fast
• Excellent programming skills
• Creative, proactive thinking
• Proven experience in data analysis
• Interest in trading
• Competitive compensation
• Annual performance-based bonuses
• A non-hierarchical workplace
• Highly motivated teammates
• A possible career in trading
• Support and investment in you
• An office that’s fun to work in
Do you like to see the trading in real practice or directly want to apply for a job? Please submit your resume, motivation and grade list to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +31(0)88 2400 300. We will respond to your application as soon as possible.