Market Risk Modeller
- ING Bank
- Fulltime job
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Banking, Marketing
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Would you like to use your quantitative skills in a business environment? Are you interested in how to invest billions of valuable savings money of our clients across the globe? Do you want to crack your brain on client behaviour forecasting models? In our Asset and Liability Management Model Development team we create models that are at the heart of ING.
The ALM Model Development team consists of highly qualified professionals with various quantitative backgrounds, ready to help you kickstart your career as a modelling professional. We combine data science with financial mathematics to develop models for client behavior forecasting, hedge optimisation and risk measurement. The models cover both retail and wholesale products like mortgages, savings and term loans.
The ALM team is part of Financial Risk Model Development department. Financial Risk Model Development comprises of a team of 60 modelling experts, who are determined to develop the best possible financial risk models to empower the customers of ING to stay ahead in life and business. Our expertise lies in the development and management of ALM, Credit and Trading Risk models, with state-of-the-art modelling methods, tooling and data processing technologies. The position also offers excellent opportunities to broaden your model development skills in Financial Markets and Credit Risk.
What will you do?
We are looking for a colleague who wants to develop a successful career in financial modelling. You will play a crucial role in the development of methodologies for the measurement and management of market risks in ING’s banking books. Already in the first year, you will be introduced to the wide variety of topics we work on. You will visit colleagues abroad to present your results and assist with local quantitative challenges. At our department you get the opportunity to improve your coding skills and get training in state-of-the-art topics like machine learning. From the ING Learning Center catalogue you can choose from a wide variety of soft-skills workshops as well.
All in all, you will be equipped to:
- Develop and implement ALM models
- Advise management about modelling topics
- Present complex matter to a wide audience
The models that you develop will cover all products and geographical regions in the ING Bank portfolio.
How to succeed
- A quantitative, academic degree (MSc or PhD), preferably in econometrics, mathematics or physics
- Sound knowledge of financial engineering, statistical modelling (and tools) and econometric methods
- Programming skills (Python, R or Matlab)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly appreciated:
ALM knowledge and experience
Familiarity with advanced statistical techniques like machine learning and deep learning
Additionally, you should have
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and execution skills
- Independent, creative and pro-active mind-set
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Great team player skills
Furthermore, you should adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour ought to be fully aligned with these values. You should also be prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
Get an impression on our agile way of working here: https://youtu.be/uXg6hG6FrG0
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.;
- A relocation package
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.