Debt Capital Markets Internship
- ING Bank
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Timing: Starting from May for a minimum of 6 months. Application deadline: 5th of April.
Title: Debt Capital Markets Internship, Amsterdam based
Within Debt Capital Markets (‘DCM’) the Capital Structuring, Liability Management & Sustainable Markets team acts as an advisory boutique and is specifically geared towards offering tailor-made solutions for the issuance of complex bond structures and the repurchase of outstanding instruments. We also focus on new business propositions in the field of sustainability whereby we provide innovative solutions for the issuance of green / sustainable bonds. We are based in Amsterdam and London but our team has a truly global reach operating as an overlay for ING’s global DCM franchise. DCM is the unit of ING Wholesale Banking who advises and arranges debt securities funding for corporates, financial institutions and governments on the capital markets.
Provide direct support to senior colleagues with the aim to structure new mandates, support DCM deal execution, take an active role in pitch preparation, coordinate and prepare updates with DCM Syndicate and prepare tailor-made structuring advice. As our new colleague will be joining a small, highly skilled team, he / she will be guided / trained extensively and, as such, will be seen as a full member of the team. Your focus will be in first instance on liability management and capital structuring for corporates.
Description of the Work Setting
Teamwork is a very important aspect of our day-to-day work flow. Our new colleague will need to be a good communicator with the ability to establish a good rapport with the team. Given the nature of our job, our new colleague will be constantly challenged to argument his / her actions. Next to this, our new colleague should be able to assume a certain dose of responsibility when addressing operational deliverables.
What do we offer:
• Exposure to structuring complex transactions
• Live deal-execution experience in a continuously changing environment
• An active role in deals with high market visibility and international press coverage
• Advanced training on the job: Unique opportunity to learn about financial markets in practice
• Opportunity to create a network within ING as well as in the wider banking sector. Internal job openings within ING are also open to interns
• Competitive allowance (c. € 600 per month) and reimbursement of public transport costs
Qualifications / Experience required:
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree required, Master level preferred
• Well-rounded academic background with coursework in finance and / or economics preferred
The work is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates with the following:
• Strong teamwork skills
• Affinity with financial markets
• Attention to detail
• Strong quantitative skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
• Diligence and attitude to continuously learn
• Excellent PowerPoint and verbal communication skills
• Adaptability and an ability to continually climb a steep learning curve
• Fluency in English is required
• Applicants will need to be EU national or non-EU students enrolled in a Dutch university.
Interns need to be registered as a student with an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job.
Questions about the job?