- Mploy Associates
- Amsterdam,Den Haag,Utrecht,Rotterdam
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Data Science, Risk Management
- Vereiste taal
Let’s talk talent
You have talent. Ready to make impact. We know. We also know that making impact starts with that first contact between likeminded people who have the same drive to shape their future. We see you, with your skills, personality and dreams. Now let’s take it to even greater heights by means of one of our traineeships.
We are Mploy Associates, a talent focused consultancy firm ready to make not only our clients’ teams successful but also you. Your talent, our focus.
We are a consultancy firm specialized in the areas of data, finance and risk and work on a variety of projects like investment analyses, data engineering, quant modelling and much more. Our clients are banks, insurance companies, asset managers, pension funds and we are still expanding.
We help our clients build successful teams by providing the rights skills, talents and training at the right place and time and develop ourselves continuously to stay successful. We believe that investing in talent through proven methods always pays out. Today we are proud to say that we are an international driven company with more than 80 people and many top-tier clients who share the same vision.
How you fit into this vision?
You will work as a Quant Modeller for one of our clients with a special focus on your own development through one of our Talent Programs. Our Talent Programs are designed to accelerate your career from a junior to medior+ level within 24 months. By means of certified training courses, coaching and intervision sessions our employees follow an above average steep career curve. Successful graduation in our Talent Programs usually results in a permanent medior+ or senior position at one of our clients where it becomes your responsibility to keep the team successful.
Your activities as a Quant Modeller
Together with a team of talented colleagues, you will develop the next generation of risk, pricing or other quantitative models. This can be at modelling departments of banks or actuarial departments of insurance companies. These models not only need to adhere to regulatory standards but will also strongly contribute to the survival of the organization. You perform data analyses to find logical connections with the help of SAS, Matlab, R, and/or Python, and prepare data requirements for the development of the models. Examples of your day-to-day responsibilities are:
- Investigating the best methods for pricing or risk modelling
- Developing models through regressions, stochastic methods or other investigated techniques
- Calculating capital impact of the new models
- Discussing requirements, methods and results with stakeholders
- Documenting the model development process and results
- Making an inventory of the possibilities to implement the model in IT systems
What are we looking for?
We are looking for master and PhD graduates with different quantitative backgrounds, experiences, and passions. Does this sound like you? We will specify some things:
- You have 0-3 years of work experience and want to learn everything about the most modern modelling methods, tooling, and data processing technologies
- You want to put your mathematical knowledge that you have gained during your master or PhD into practice (e.g., Econometrics, Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Physics or related study)
- You are excited about modelling and programming in SAS, Matlab, R or Python
- You do not hesitate to use your analytical skills to solve complex problems creatively and logically
- You are energized by stakeholder management and you are well adept at gathering reliable information
- You are ambitious, self-reflective and dare to be confident in an authentic way
What do we offer?
We offer the opportunity to become an expert in quantitive modelling in an environment where we train you in a proven way to excel into a high-end professional. In addition, good working conditions are equally as important to us. This includes the following:
- Working 4 days a week at a large bank or insurance company in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam or The Hague
- 1 day a week in-house training with personalized and professional coaching
- Regularly fun team activities; think of escape rooms, drinks and dinners
- An international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Pro bono projects at socially relevant NGOs
- The opportunity to make the next career move with the client after successfully completing the Talent Program
- Everything you need for an amazing home office
- And of course, a competitive salary, performance bonus and fringe benefits
- And don’t forget a public transport card or company bike
For more information about our different Talent Programs you can visit our website www.mployassociates.com. Want to know more about the vacancy? You can contact us from the moment you start your master or PhD so we can help you prepare for your dream career. Mail us, DM us on our social media channels, send us a letter, it doesn’t matter. We will be in touch.