- Fulltime job
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Data Science, Financial services
Financial Modeler with Python skills
Aon is looking for a Financial Modeler with Python Programming skills for the Financial Sector!
Aon’s PathWise offers the financial sector state-of-the-art software and consulting with quants in actuarial modeling and data science, product engineering, hedging, balance sheet management, and much more.
Global clients use the GPU-based high-performance PathWise platform for pricing, valuation, capital, forecasting, hedging, and ALM. Our stochastic economic scenario generators (ESG), big data semi-SQL database, and strong relationship with Amazon and NVIDIA empower thousands.
As part of an industry-leading and international team, you will help our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our PathWise Solutions business group. You will be fully trained in PathWise in our Toronto office, to put your quant skills into practice as a consultant and modeler.
As an Aon PathWise Financial Modeler you will have the following job responsibilities:
Key Services (50%)
- Create financial models in PathWise for banks, insurers, hedge funds, private equity firms, traders, and pension funds,
- Communicate with our clients on a wide range of topics, including their models and processes,
- Development and automation of robust processes for hedging, strategic asset allocation, scenario generator calibration, stochastic mortality models, longevity swaps, financial reporting, etc.,
- Maintenance of client models and service level dashboards for clients, communicating directly with them,
- Participate in the expansion of PathWise functionality as the need arises or as requested by clients, often based on recent academic papers.
Client Implementation Projects (30%)
- Create Python code to handle input & output, management dashboards, and process automation using a range of PathWise apps,
- Provide hands-on training for PathWise users and develop standalone training reference material,
- Identify shortfalls in company processes and propose improvements,
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise during PathWise migrations, focusing on providing a strong new user experience.
Business Development Support (20%)
- Participate in demos and workshops to potential clients, traveling to places in EMEA,
- Participate in new business generation, typically in the form of a tendering process,
- Develop models specific to client requirements for demo’s and onboarding,
- Participate in industry, academic and internal research projects,
- Develop and deliver presentations on emerging issues pertaining to the insurance industry and the financial services industry,
- Attend industry and client conferences to stay informed on industry changes.
- Up to 3 years of experience working in the Financial Sector (as a working student of full-time),
- Python programming experience,
- Ambition to obtain a CFA designation or equivalent,
- Knowledge of financial products,
- Multiple languages, relevant working experience, student association involvement (pré).
- A challenger of the status quo - always looking for better ways
- A team player acting in diverse global teams
- Passionate and highly communicative, driven in the things you do
- Prepared to travel – you are globally orientated
- Eager to learn more about cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training (abroad), and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our standard package includes a variable bonus, travel compensation, and 27 days of paid leave. We work in small teams and emphasis the importance of knowledge sharing with your colleagues. The salary range for this job position is € 2.594 - € 4.003 excluding bonus, 13 th month, etc. based on a work week of 38.75 hours.
A positively advised Pre Employment Screening is required to ensure and safeguard the integrity of our employees and is part of the employment contract.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Additional information about the position and the recruitment procedure can be received via Koen Engels, Account
Director: +316 30 40 49 82. Please upload your application letter and resume in English.
Aon Corporation (www.aon.com) is a leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, human capital and management consulting, and specialty insurance underwriting. There are 50,000 employees working in Aon’s 500 offices in more than 120 countries. In The Netherlands we have over 2,500 colleagues and 8 office locations.
Backed by broad resources, industry knowledge and technical expertise, Aon professionals help a wide range of clients develop effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions.
With revenues of over USD 1.6 billion in 2006, Aon EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), has offices in 57
countries and has some 10,000 employees. Aon EMEA is headquartered in Amsterdam.