Quant Analyst - Internship
- Van Lanschot Kempen
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Banking, Business Analytics, Data Science, Financial services
- Vereiste taal
Create your own future
Are you ready to give your quant career a kickstart in a challenging learning environment as part of the quant team within Van Lanschot Kempen? Our Quant Analyst Internship gives you the opportunity to develop your potential to the fullest.
The Quant Analyst Internship offers a unique combination of coding, mathematics and finance. Within the quant team we share the responsibilities equally, encouraging everyone to truly make an impact. You will have the opportunity to influence your own scope of work, in order to develop skills in- and outside your comfort zone.
That is what you will use your talents for as a Quant Analyst Intern at Van Lanschot Kempen. As a quant intern you will work closely together with our quants and traders on a variety of financial challenges in which you become the programming expert.
You will have the following tasks:
- Contributing to the development of our in-house built pricing models and risk management systems
- Creating and optimizing data-driven decision making tools
- Building data solutions in which you are responsible for every building block; creating the database structure, the frontend for the user and all the intermediate code
- Supporting equity- and derivates traders using quantitative analyses
A proactive attitude, an eagerness to improve yourself and a passion for finance. This is how we can best describe you as a Quant Analyst Intern. Talents that you use to guide our customers in a constantly changing world every day. By thinking out of the box and asking questions. And all will be well if you are independent and resourceful, and well-grounded in mathematics and programming. You also have:
- Reached the final phase of your Bachelor or Master student in Econometrics / Data Science / Mathematics / Physics / Computer Science or equivalent;
- strong programming/scripting skills in MATLAB, preferably combined with Python and/or SQL;
- excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- good mastery of English, both oral and written.
Move ahead at Van Lanschot Kempen
Investing in a more future-oriented, sustainable, and data-driven way with various clients. Both nationally and internationally. With over 300 years of experience, we make this ambition a reality at Van Lanschot Kempen. We do this with some 1,700 colleagues in various fields of expertise. Our team of quants is part of the Treasury department, and located in the dealing room of our Amsterdam office. Besides the quants, the dealing room consists of Equity (Sales) Trading, Equity Research and Structured Products.
An organisation's degree of innovation and agility also depends on the diversity of its workforce. Our differences make us stronger together. We promote an inclusive work environment where all colleagues feel at home. With us, you can be yourself. And we are proud of that.
Curious about the stories of colleagues and how they experience working at Van Lanschot Kempen? Go to People & Projects!
Turning talent into value!
That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can expect the same from us in return. A good work-life balance with our 'hybrid way of working' is a good example of this. As a Quant Analyst intern, you will also be given:
- an internship allowance of €1000,-
- an entrepreneurial position in an international, dynamic and challenging environment where you will get your own responsibilities
- mentorship and training on the job
- excellent career opportunities for those who know how to seize them
Working on tomorrow's capital
Just the vacancy you were looking for? Apply for this internship!
Do you have any questions? Please get in touch with our Campus Recruiter, Diva Estanto at firstname.lastname@example.org